Since our first child was born over seven years ago, my husband & I have made regular date nights a priority. We intentionally set aside time & finances to be able to have that precious time together, away from our children, to be able to reconnect, talk & laugh. We look forward to them and consider them a vital part of our marriage, especially during this season of parenting. We now have three children and though date nights aren’t as frequent, they’re still a priority. We took the time early on to find a couple really good babysitters and have been blessed enough to have the same sitter for the last five years. (If you don’t currently have a trusted sitter or family member to watch your children for date nights, I encourage you to take the time to search, interview and pray for one!).
Over the past several months my husband & I have enjoyed different “date night questions” we’ve found online. We’ve enjoyed the conversations that have come about from asking these questions and it’s been fun reminiscing about our pasts. I’ve even learned things about him I never knew before. We’ve enjoyed the questions so much that I’ve come up with a list of my own and I’m sharing it with you. Don’t feel silly pulling out your questions on date night! So put those cell phones away and have a real face-to-face conversation with your spouse… your marriage will be blessed by it.
25 Date Night Questions for You & Your Spouse
- What’s your favorite memory of us from when we were dating?
- Tell me about five of your favorite hobbies or interests.
- Where’s one place you’d like to travel to one day and why?
- What do you look forward to most about our future?
- What was your favorite thing about high school? Least favorite?
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be and why?
- (Wives) What can I do to help you feel more respected?
- (Husbands) What can I do to help you feel more loved & cherished?
- What’s your favorite memory from childhood?
- What’s your favorite food? Dessert? Drink?
- What’s your favorite song?
- How can I better support and encourage you?
- How can I better show my appreciation of you?
- What are your favorite ways to relax?
- What are your favorite ways to have fun?
- What makes you feel stressed out or worried?
- Tell me about someone you admire and why.
- What are three things (qualities) that you love about me?
- What are three things (physical) that you love about me?
- How can I pray for you?
- Tell me about some of your fears?
- Do you have any short-term or long-term goals this year?
- What’s your favorite movie and why?
- What kind of gifts do you like to receive?
- How are you growing spiritually and how can I support you in that area?